Form is Everything on a Stationary Bike
Want to get more from your workout on a stationary bike? Using proper posture will work more muscles, improve your stamina and ultimately give you better results.
Here's a head-to-toe guide:
- Keep your head lifted and look forward over the handlebars.
- Keep your chest up and your shoulders aligned with your torso.
- Avoid moving your upper body as you pedal.
- Adjust your seat low enough so that there is always a slight bend in your knee, even when your leg is pushing the pedal all the way down.
- Only the balls of your feet should be on the pedal.
- Keep your feet parallel to the floor as you pedal.